It's fall y'all! Nothing says fall like tailgating and no one does gracious, over-the-top, entertainer-of-the-year tailgating like Ole Miss. One time, at LSU, I saw an Ole Miss tailgate with a working ceiling fan hanging from a tree, and this was an away game! I thought nothing could better embrace that incredible attitude than an outdoor entertaining space inspired by those Rebs who are heading into a gameday feeling good after beating that team everyone loves to hate last weekend!
This is probably a little more traditional than I would usually go, but it's Ole Miss, they practically define traditional. I love this mix of indoor and outdoor furniture giving the space a really comfy feel, if not a little over the top. I see a group of friends gathered around a perfectly catered spread in Grove Attire. This is a fan base I imagine drinking champagne while watching football. Champagne or really, really nice bourbon.
1. A warm, Dash & Albert rug grounds the space, maybe in front of a super classy outdoor fireplace. I'll be the first to admit that red isn't really my favorite color but a more fall inspired scarlet, softened with the jute is winning me over here. Red can go really "SPORTS TEAM!! AMERICAN FLAG!!" if you let it get too primary color feeling.
2. Ole Miss fans deserve a sophisticated place to sit, even outside, and these Johnathan Adler side chairs go perfectly with their bowtie and a glass of Pappy Van Winkle.
3. As a contrast this stump table from West Elm keeps things playful and not too serious. I could see a few of these throughout the patio space for setting down drinks or little plates of food. On real plates because I'm sure thats how they roll.
4. All the pillows, for all the comfort! A mix of classic fall patterns and neutral colors would breakup the stark white of the couch and soften any seat. I like a lot of what Dash & Albert has in their outdoor selection right now.
5. A chandelier. Duh. Hanging from the inevitable and beautiful trellis. These people hang chandeliers in their tailgating tents, of course there would be one in their backyard. This particular chandelier is from Shades of Light. And I want it hanging under my carport. Stat.
6. I couldn't not include this vintage champagne bucket from One Kings Lane (that is unfortunately no longer available). It's gorgeous. Except someone who went to Ole Miss probably just has one lying around from their grandfather's grandfather. I personally feel there should be more champagne with football. I also feel that there should be more champagne always.
7. Finally a beautiful outdoor sectional for all their friends. Ole Miss fans are kings and queens of entertaining and they would need plenty of space for all their friends to sit. Sometimes outdoor sectionals can feel really heavy (you know what I'm talking about, that woven plastic stuff? Indestructible, yes, but not always the prettiest) and this piece from Pottery Barn takes the cake. Perfect in a southern backyard on a herringbone brick patio, covered with cozy plaid blankets around a fire pit.